Angela Atkinson, Supervisor Park Ranger / LBG Supervisor is pleased to announce that an examination will be held in Gettysburg on Saturday, December 5, 2015 as part of the four-tiered process of licensing individuals to guide at the Gettysburg National Military Park. At this time we do not know how many individuals taking this exam will ultimately receive a guide license. Candidates who successfully complete all four tiers (explained in the documents below) will ultimately be licensed as the needs of the Gettysburg National Park, the Gettysburg Foundation, and the Licensed Battlefield Guide Service dictates. No new examinations will be given until such time as all successful candidates are processed and licensed. One should not be expected again for a period of several years and certainly not as regularly in the past.
On this page will be found links to all documents you will require in order to understand the licensing process and what will be expected of successful candidates. Instructions on how to register for the upcoming December 2015 test are also linked below. Please read all documents before registering.
- Tier 1 – Written Examination: Saturday, December 5, 2015
- Location: Harrisburg Area Community College, Gettysburg Campus
- Time: 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (an hour and a half break will be offered for lunch) Candidates will be asked to arrive at 8:15 A.M. in order to sign in, register, and be seated.
- Cost: $100.00 (Checks and Money Orders only! Payable to the Department of the Interior / National Park Service by submitting the appropriate invoice. This invoice is provided via a link below.
- Deadline to register: Your application, consisting of the required invoice and check, must be postmarked no later than Friday, November 13, 2015. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
The December 5, 2015 Licensed Battlefield Guide Examination will be held on the Gettysburg Campus of the Harrisburg Area Community College, 731 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Candidates will enter through the main lobby. Please be prompt. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated.